Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Very First

I've been thinking about the best way to share all of my crazy stories that are bound to happen while I am living in a new country, a new culture, and with a new language. And it hit me: blog. So this is where I will be posting my crazy experiences as the two years unfold (unless I'm not allowed to have a blog!).

First up I would like to address the question: Aren't you scared?
Apparently Vanuatu has 7 active volcanoes, sharks in the waters, cyclones, high chance of malaria (especially living there for two years), rats, and lesser living conditions (obviously). So I have gotten the 'aren't you scared' question a few times now. To be truthful, I am more scared about traveling on a plane on Sept. 11 than anything that country can throw at me right now. However, once I get safely to Vanuatu I'm sure the other fears will pick up!

As a side note I will only be able to get an internet connection in the larger cities so this blog might turn into a once a month thing once I get to my placement village. But more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment